Friday, April 15, 2011

A New Adventure/ Comfortably Numb

Well, here I go...I am going to try this blog thing! Of course, I have been writing notes on facebook and so you are welcome to go read my stuff there! But I thought this might be a little change of pace I'd enjoy! Sometimes I will write serious stuff and sometimes it's just gonna be from my dorky little brain! So I expect this to be fun as I have discovered that writing does me good! Now, granted, I am probably not as articulate as some bloggers but I'm drinkin' milk and playin' scrabble so my word power is increasing! HAHA

So here is the first thing I want to post...and I am just gonna bring something in from my notes on facebook but it really hit home with me so here goes and I quote....from myself. I'd LOVE some feedback!!!

Ok, so I just saw this quote--"I have become comfortably numb." Wow. This got me to thinking. I have a problem! My left big toe is completely NUMB! It has been since early July! I am clueless as to why it is numb....I suppose one thing after another caused it to be this way! The ENTIRE toe is numb! It didn't start out that way though! Actually it just started out with a little numb spot at the very tip of my toe then spread. Now the entire toe as well as the ball of my foot under my toe is numb! At least it doesn't hurt anymore though! It didn't start out that way. It started out hurting like CRAZY! It hurt so bad I could not walk worth a flip...couldn't stand for very long either! After all, the big toe helps maintain balance in the rest of your body! But as numbness took over, the pain subsided and now all I have is a freaky little numb toe...or freaky big numb toe! haha I should probably go see a doctor about it. I mean SOMETHING must be wrong with it!! Your toes don't just go numb for months on end when you are 33!!! At first, I was worried about it. I asked for prayer, I prayed, Jeff prayed. I complained about it---that never works! I told Jeff over and again that I was going to have to break down and go to the doctor--WHICH I DESPISE DOING!! UGH! But alas, I have done nothing about it short of wrap my foot in an arch brace and put insoles in my new balance! I have become COMFORTABLE with this NUMBNESS. Oh yeah...something is still wrong & I need a physician to fix it for me...but alas I am comfy with it!

Oh yeah, you guessed it, there is a spiritual lesson here! So many of us have things in our lives that have caused us pain and rather than let the GREAT PHYSICIAN take care of our ailing spirits, emotions, lives, finances, marriages, children....we just let numbness take over and we become quite comfortable with it.

No, I don't really notice the numb toe anymore but the fact is...it is still numb & something is still wrong. Ignoring does NOT fix it.

Lord, help us to NEVER become comfortably numb.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment