Monday, May 2, 2011

So Bin Laden is dead......

So they say the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks is dead. Nevermind the American people have no proof of this except for Obama's word and let's not go there!! So let's just nevermind that part. How bout how the American people are rejoicing all over the place and uniting because someone's never dying soul went straight to hell. Now seriously, is this right of us? Are we, in essence, becoming what we claimed to hate? I mean, Bin Laden no doubt rejoiced and threw a party over the thousands of souls lost on that fateful September day! And now we rejoice over HIS death?? Pharisees!
I know...it was an act of war and war is hell. Yes, I know. And I totally understand taking him down just as I understood taking Saddam out. But the rejoicing part is kinda bothering me. So am I lame or am I hittin' the proverbial nail on the head here? You tell me...and take these verses, Oh Christian, into consideration....


Proverbs 24:15 Don’t wait in ambush at the home of the godly,
and don’t raid the house where the godly live.
16 The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.
But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.

17 Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall;
don’t be happy when they stumble.
18 For the Lord will be displeased with you
and will turn his anger away from them.

19 Don’t fret because of evildoers;
don’t envy the wicked.
20 For evil people have no future;
the light of the wicked will be snuffed out.

Maybe, just maybe...celebrating is NOT what we oughta be doing. Pray people. PRAY! Yes, I will admit that my first reaction was one of elation. But then I felt the Spirit of God bring me into check on that and I ended up crying over this man's soul. Ask Jeff for yourself!! So, search your heart.. and let me know what  YOU think?

2 comments:

  1. You know I completely agree with you. I believe rejoicing in his death pretty much means that you have a touch of a murderous heart just as he did :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't get me wrong ya'll....I am a born and bred American Patriot. I LOVE my country and thank God for it. This is NOT a blog against any military folks. Those are the bravest ppl EVER! not obama mind you but our SOLDIERS. I just think Christians need to step back and take a look at themselves, that's all.

    ReplyDelete