Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Back to Bloggin'!

WOW! The last time I blogged was in February of 2014. It is now March 2017. I have been away from this for a looooooong time! SO much water has run under the bridge since then. My family and I are walking in the weirdest, most unbelievably amazing time of our lives! I have felt the Lord dealing with me for some time on using this platform as a way to minister. It is with that in mind and in heart that I commence to writing! And boy do I have some things to say. I won't say it all right this second, however, as you would be sitting here for a long, long time IF I was actually able to grab your attention. HAHAHA I have been thinking for a while about actually writing a book which would basically be the story of my life. I might actually name it, "That's the Story of My Life". For some time, it has been said of me that Murphy's Law applies. You know that old cliche...if it will happen to anyone, it'll happen to..... Shara. Oh, I could tell you stories! Some to make you cry and some to make you laugh so hard you end up crying! Some of those things, only those closest to my heart will ever know, and some things I imagine I will put right there in that book just so you know you are not alone in your crazy life!
There are so many valuable lessons I have learned in these 40 plus years, but if I could hope to convey anything to you... it is that Jesus loves us in spite of ourselves and to never take yourself too seriously! Now obviously Jesus loves us in spite of ourselves but He also expects us to press after Him and follow His Word to the very best of our ability. We will fail and we will not get it right every doggone day but NOTHING can separate us from His love. We will have to do alot of repenting and starting over. We have to keep our sinful nature under the blood. And He loves us...He loves me and He loves you. We are the apple of our Father's eye. NEVER forget that.
And also never forget to cut up and have a good time. The Christian life does not have to be Dullsville. Sometimes, we get so caught up in "being religious" and we end up being so serious about EVERYTHING that we never take moments to laugh...breathe....joke....enjoy God's creation....ride roller coasters and scream our heads off...eat a super messy quad-scoop chocolate ice cream cone and LAUGH as it runs down our hand! I try to teach my boys not to take themselves so seriously. For instance, when your last name is HORNE, the jokes coming flying at you! I have tried to teach these boys not to let it get to them...that if they'll joke about it and laugh about it, then everyone laughs WITH them and not at them. Yeah, it may be a defense mechanism but it eventually WORKS! You cannot let every little thing "get to ya" or else you will live a very sullen, miserable, lonely life.

SO, as I write and you hopefully join me, maybe together we can help make a difference one day at a time....loving  and serving Jesus, being lighthearted and genuinely enjoying this Christian life!

Until next time.....which I hope is soon....EAT THE ICE CREAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment